When it comes to throwing a once-in-a-lifetime party, celebrities spare no expense. You might expect them to rent out a lavish nightclub or book an extravagant yacht, but some of the biggest names in entertainment have gone above and beyond with their venue choices. That’s right—the ultimate party destination of choice for some celebrities is none other than Disneyland itself.
Over the years, several A-listers have rented out the iconic amusement park for private celebrations. Singer Katy Perry once threw a birthday bash at Disneyland for her then-boyfriend Russell Brand, and it reportedly cost over $100,000. Another star who has indulged in a magical Disney experience is Demi Lovato, who celebrated her 16th birthday at the park with her family and friends. And while most people aren’t lucky enough to have Mickey Mouse himself as a party guest, Taylor Swift got to share a dance with the beloved character at a private event she threw there back in 2015.
It’s no wonder why Disneyland is such a popular event space among celebrities. With its enchanting atmosphere, thrilling rides, and iconic landmarks, the park truly has something for everyone. Whether it’s for a milestone birthday, a holiday celebration, or just a fun night out, it’s clear that renting out Disneyland is a truly unforgettable experience that these stars will cherish for years to come.
List of Celebrities Who Have Rented Out Disneyland
Disneyland is certainly not an ordinary amusement park as it can be rented out for private events. Celebrities worldwide not only enjoy their time at Disneyland but also have the option of renting it out for a day. Here is the list of some of the famous celebrities who have rented out Disneyland:
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
- Miley Cyrus’s Sweet 16 party
- Christina Aguilera’s son Max’s second birthday party
- Elton John’s post-Oscar party
- David Beckham and Victoria Beckham rented it for their son Cruz’s 1st birthday party
- Nick Jonas rented out the park for his wife Priyanka Chopra’s 37th birthday
As Forbes reports, renting out the park requires a minimum spend of around $175,000 for the day. However, it’s worth it to have the park to yourself and your guests. Disneyland offers complete exclusivity with access to select rides, performances, dining options, and even special decorations tailored to the occasion.
The cost of renting out Disneyland
Renting out Disneyland may seem like a far-fetched dream for most of us, but for some celebrities, it’s just a way to celebrate their special occasions. Here’s a breakdown of what it costs to have the “Happiest Place on Earth” all to yourself:
- Disneyland Park: The starting price for renting out Disneyland Park for a day is around $180,000. This includes the park’s attractions, entertainment, and services for up to 6,000 guests. Additional costs may apply for exclusive access to certain areas or special entertainment.
- Disney California Adventure Park: If you prefer California Adventure Park instead, the starting price is around $125,000. This includes all park attractions, entertainment, and services for up to 15,000 guests.
- Both parks: For the ultimate Disney experience, you can rent out both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park for around $250,000. This allows up to 20,000 guests to enjoy all the attractions, entertainment, and services both parks have to offer.
Keep in mind that these prices are just the starting points, and additional costs may apply for special requests, such as exclusive access to certain attractions, catering, or custom decorations and entertainment.
Despite the hefty price tag, it’s not uncommon for celebrities to rent out Disneyland for their weddings, birthdays, or other special events. For instance, singer Mariah Carey and her then-husband Nick Cannon rented out Disneyland to renew their vows in 2013, and actor John Stamos once rented out the park for a 50th birthday bash.
If you’re wondering why anyone would spend such a huge amount of money on renting out Disneyland, it’s not just about having fun. For many celebrities, it’s also about privacy and security. Renting out the park ensures that only invited guests can attend and that paparazzi and fans are kept at bay.
|Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon||Vow renewal||$200,000- $500,000|
|John Stamos||50th birthday party||$150,000-$200,000|
|Kylie Jenner||Daughter’s first birthday||$100,000|
|Christina Aguilera||Album release party||$16,000|
As you can see, renting out Disneyland is a costly affair, but for some celebrities, the price is worth it for a truly unforgettable and exclusive experience.
Disney’s guidelines for renting out Disneyland
Disneyland is known as the happiest place on earth, and some celebrities have gone as far as renting out the park for their special events. Here are some of the guidelines set by Disney for renting out Disneyland:
- Rentals are only done after the park has closed. This ensures that guests can enjoy the park fully without any interference from the event.
- A minimum of 10,000 guests is required for rental. This ensures that there is enough attendance to justify renting out the park and providing a profitable night for Disney.
- Rentals can only be done on select dates. These dates are chosen by Disney and are usually during the off-season, when the park is less busy and can accommodate such events.
If you are interested in renting out Disneyland, be prepared to pay a hefty price tag. A rental can cost around $180,000 for a minimum of four hours. This price includes access to all of Disneyland’s attractions, entertainment, and food options.
Disney also has guidelines in place to ensure that the event does not interfere with the park’s magic. For example, the use of pyrotechnics or other special effects is limited to certain areas of the park to avoid disturbing other guests. Certain areas of the park may also be restricted for the event.
|Minimum attendance||10,000 guests|
|Rental duration||Minimum of four hours|
|Restrictions on special effects||Pyrotechnics and other special effects limited to certain areas of the park|
|Restricted areas||Certain areas of the park may be off-limits during the event|
Renting out Disneyland may seem like a dream come true for some, but it comes with its own set of guidelines and restrictions to ensure that the park’s magic is not disrupted.
The Reasons for Renting Out Disneyland
Celebrities love to rent out Disneyland for various reasons, from milestone events to private celebrations. Here are the top reasons why Disneyland has become a go-to destination for celebrities:
- Birthday Parties: Many celebrities have celebrated their birthdays at Disneyland. Renting out the theme park allows them to enjoy the rides, attractions, and Disney characters without being bothered by the public or paparazzi.
- Weddings: Disneyland is a magical place to get married. Celebrities such as Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon and Kevin Jonas and Danielle Deleasa have tied the knot at the theme park. Renting out Disneyland for a wedding means having exclusive access to a magical setting and personalized services.
- Movie Premieres: Disneyland has also been the venue for many movie premieres, including Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Renting out the park for a movie premiere means having a captive audience and an unforgettable experience.
Aside from these popular events, celebrities also rent out Disneyland for corporate events and charity fundraisers. Disneyland has a range of venues and spaces that can be customized to cater to the needs of any event.
For example, the Disneyland Hotel has over 130,000 square feet of meeting space, including ballrooms, board rooms, and a convention center. In addition, the park has several outdoor locations, such as the Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard and the Rivers of America waterfront, that can host events of all sizes.
|Celebrity||Reason for Renting Out Disneyland|
|Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon||Wedding|
|Katy Perry||Birthday party|
|Kim Kardashian and Kanye West||Birthday party|
|Kevin Jonas and Danielle Deleasa||Wedding|
|Sean “Diddy” Combs||Birthday party|
|John Stamos||Birthday party|
|George Lucas||Movie premiere|
|Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides cast||Movie premiere|
In conclusion, the reasons why celebrities rent out Disneyland are varied, but they all share the desire for a magical and exclusive experience. Renting out Disneyland is a way to create unforgettable memories and celebrate life’s special moments in a unique and personalized way.
Disney’s Other Exclusive Party Locations
While renting out Disneyland may seem like the ultimate VIP experience, there are other exclusive party locations within the Disney empire that can offer a unique and personalized event experience.
- The Disneyland Dream Suite: Located within Disneyland park, the Dream Suite is a luxurious apartment that was originally built for Walt Disney and his family. The space has since been converted into a private event space and can accommodate up to 15 guests. Decorated with ornate details and Disney-inspired touches, the Dream Suite is a dream come true for avid Disney fans.
- Club 33: This exclusive members-only club is located in New Orleans Square in Disneyland park. Originally created as a private retreat for Walt Disney and his guests, Club 33 now offers its members and their guests a fine dining experience with a unique Disney twist. The club also features a lounge and a jazz bar, as well as exclusive merchandise for members.
- The Animation Building: Located in Disney California Adventure park, the Animation Building is a unique event space that can accommodate up to 300 guests. The space features a state-of-the-art theater, as well as interactive exhibits that showcase the animation process behind some of Disney’s most beloved films.
In addition to these exclusive party locations, Disney also offers private events at their various resort hotels and restaurants. From a private dinner at the California Grill in Disney’s Contemporary Resort to a poolside party at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, there are endless possibilities for creating a personalized event experience within the Disney world.
If you’re looking to plan an unforgettable event that immerses your guests in the magic of Disney, consider one of these exclusive party locations or explore the many other options offered by the Disney brand.
|The Disneyland Dream Suite||Up to 15 guests||Exclusive Disney-inspired decor and details|
|Club 33||Various event spaces available, capacity varies||Exclusive fine dining experience, lounge, and jazz bar|
|The Animation Building||Up to 300 guests||Interactive exhibits showcasing Disney’s animation process|
Whatever your event needs may be, Disney is sure to have a location or experience that will make your event unforgettable.
The Process of Renting Out Disneyland
Renting out Disneyland may seem like an impossible task, but it is actually quite achievable if you have the budget. Here is a comprehensive breakdown of the process.
- Contact Disneyland: The first step in renting out Disneyland is to contact the theme park’s special events team. You can find their contact information on the Disneyland website. They will provide you with all the necessary information about the rental process, available times, and costs.
- Determine the Date: Since Disneyland is a popular tourist destination, it is important to determine the date for your event as soon as possible. The park is typically rented out during off-peak season or on weekdays.
- Select a Venue: Disneyland offers a variety of venues for rent, such as restaurants, outdoor spaces, and indoor spaces. Choose the venue that best suits your event needs and budget.
After you have selected your venue, it is time to move on to the next steps:
- Submit Your Proposal: You will need to submit a proposal to Disneyland’s special events team, outlining the details of your event, including the number of attendees, the date and times, your choice of venue, and any special requirements or requests.
- Negotiate the Terms: Once your proposal has been accepted, the Disneyland team will provide you with a quote that includes the rental fee, additional costs such as security and cleaning fees, and any other necessary expenses. You can then negotiate the terms, and once you have agreed on the terms, a contract will be drawn up.
- Pay the Deposit: To secure your rental, you will be required to pay a deposit. This is typically a percentage of the total rental fee.
- Finalize the Details: As the event date approaches, you will need to finalize the details with Disneyland’s event team. This includes confirming attendance numbers, selecting vendors, arranging for transportation, and obtaining any necessary permits.
Overall, renting out Disneyland is a complex process that requires time, effort, and a significant budget. However, if you are willing to put in the work, it can be a memorable and unique experience for your guests.
Here is a breakdown of the process:
|Contact Disneyland||Reach out to the special events team and get information about available times and costs.|
|Determine the Date||Select a date during off-peak season or on weekdays.|
|Select a Venue||Choose a venue that best suits your event needs and budget.|
|Submit Your Proposal||Outline the details of your event.|
|Negotiate the Terms||Agree on the rental fee and any additional costs.|
|Pay the Deposit||Put down a deposit to secure your rental.|
|Finalize the Details||Confirm attendance numbers, select vendors, and obtain any necessary permits.|
If you are considering renting out Disneyland for your next event, be sure to plan well in advance and have a solid budget in place to cover the costs.
The Most Expensive Celebrity Disneyland Rentals
Disneyland is the ultimate destination for children and adults alike. The iconic park holds a special place in the hearts of many, including celebrities. Some celebrities have even rented out the park for private events, leading to some of the most expensive Disneyland rentals in history.
- Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively rented out the park for their wedding reception, which cost an estimated $2 million.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West reportedly spent around $2.8 million to rent out the park for their daughter North’s second birthday.
- Christina Aguilera rented out the park for her son Max’s first birthday, spending an estimated $1 million.
- Nicole Richie and Joel Madden spent around $200,000 to rent out the park for their wedding anniversary.
- David and Victoria Beckham rented out the park for their son Cruz’s birthday, reportedly spending around $250,000.
- Elton John rented out the park for a private concert in honor of his 50th anniversary in the music industry, which cost an estimated $2 million.
- John Stamos reportedly rented out the park for his wedding to Caitlin McHugh, spending around $75,000.
These seven celebrities have had some of the most expensive Disneyland rentals in history, spending anywhere from $75,000 to $2.8 million. From weddings to private concerts, Disneyland continues to be a popular destination for celebrities to celebrate their most special occasions.
How long celebrities rent out Disneyland for
When it comes to renting out Disneyland, celebrities don’t just book the theme park for a quick visit. In fact, they tend to rent it out for entire days, providing them with full access to all the attractions and dining options the park has to offer.
- Some celebrities, like Kylie Jenner, have been known to rent out Disneyland for their children’s birthdays. In 2018, Kylie rented it out for her daughter Stormi’s first birthday for a whopping $100,000. The party lasted from 4 pm to 10 pm.
- Weddings are also a popular reason for celebrities to rent out Disneyland. Both Kaley Cuoco and John Stamos rented the park for their respective weddings in 2018 and 2019. Kaley’s wedding lasted from 7:30 pm to midnight, while John’s wedding went from 7 pm until 12:30 am.
- Other celebrities, like Christina Aguilera, have rented out the park for corporate events. Christina’s event lasted for six hours, from 10 pm until 4 am.
Celebrities have also been known to rent out individual attractions within Disneyland for private events. For example, Katy Perry rented out the entire Matterhorn Bobsleds ride for a party in 2014.
|Kylie Jenner||Daughter’s birthday party||6 hours|
|Kaley Cuoco||Wedding||4.5 hours|
|John Stamos||Wedding||5.5 hours|
|Christina Aguilera||Corporate event||6 hours|
|Katy Perry||Private party||Undisclosed|
Overall, celebrities tend to rent out Disneyland for several hours at a time, providing them with ample opportunity to enjoy all the park’s attractions and amenities. Whether it’s for a birthday party, wedding, or corporate event, renting out Disneyland is an exclusive and unforgettable experience that many celebrities have taken advantage of.
What Celebrities Include in Their Disneyland Rentals
When it comes to renting out Disneyland for the day, celebrities spare no expense to make their private park experience unforgettable. From VIP accommodations to exclusive dining options, here are some of the things that celebrities include in their Disneyland rentals:
- Private Tours: Celebrities often opt for guided tours of the park to ensure that they don’t miss anything on their special day. These tours are usually led by Disney cast members who know the park inside and out, and can provide an insider’s perspective on all the attractions.
- Exclusive Access: Renting out Disneyland means that celebrities have the park all to themselves, with no lines and no crowds. This gives them the opportunity to ride their favorite attractions over and over again, and to take as many photos as they want without any interruptions.
- Special Performances: Celebrities have been known to bring in their favorite performers to entertain their guests during their private Disneyland rental. From live music to choreographed dance routines, these performances add an extra element of excitement to the already magical experience.
In addition to these perks, celebrities also take advantage of some of the park’s exclusive dining options. For example:
- Private Dining: Celebrities can reserve private dining areas within the park for their guests, giving them an exclusive eating experience away from the crowds. These areas can be themed to fit the party’s aesthetic and can be customized to meet any dietary restrictions or preferences.
- Specialty Menus: Disneyland offers specialty menus for those who rent out the park, including customized cocktails and dishes inspired by the park’s attractions. These menus are designed to create a unique and memorable dining experience for guests.
- Personal Chefs: For the ultimate luxury experience, some celebrities bring in their own personal chefs to cook for their guests during their Disneyland rental. This ensures that the food is of the highest quality and customized to the party’s liking.
Overall, renting out Disneyland for the day is one of the ultimate ways for celebrities to create a magical and unforgettable experience for themselves and their guests. From VIP tours to exclusive dining options, these rentals offer a level of luxury and exclusivity that is hard to find anywhere else.
If you’re interested in organizing a Disneyland rental yourself, here’s a breakdown of the costs:
|Rental Cost:||$180,000 for the day (starts at)|
|Number of Guests:||Up to 600|
|Duration:||From 7 am to 12 am (17 hours)|
|Inclusions:||Park admission, attractions, shows, characters, and select dining options|
Keep in mind that this is just the base cost for the rental, and many celebrities choose to add on additional extras to make the experience even more magical. But if you have the budget for it, a Disneyland rental is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you and your guests will never forget.
Celebrities who have been denied a Disneyland rental
While renting out Disneyland may seem like a dream come true for many celebrities, it’s not always as easy as it sounds. In fact, some have been denied the opportunity due to various reasons. Here are 10 celebrities who have been denied a Disneyland rental:
- Justin Bieber – In 2015, Bieber attempted to rent out the park for his birthday. However, his reputation for controversial behavior led to Disney denying his request.
- Miley Cyrus – Cyrus was also denied a rental due to her “inappropriate behavior” on stage and in public.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West – Despite being some of the most famous celebrities in the world, Kardashian and West were denied a rental due to security concerns.
- Lindsay Lohan – Lohan’s partying reputation was the reason behind her denial.
- Chris Brown – Brown’s history of legal troubles and violent behavior resulted in his request being denied.
- The Kardashians – Kardashian and her clan were denied a rental due to their high demands, which included complete privacy and control over the park’s staff.
- Charlie Sheen – Sheen’s notorious public meltdown and erratic behavior resulted in Disney denying his request for a rental.
- Paris Hilton – Hilton was denied a rental due to her infamous sex tape scandal and party girl reputation.
- Robin Thicke – Thicke’s controversial song “Blurred Lines” and public behavior resulted in his request being denied.
- Michael Jackson – In 1997, Jackson reportedly attempted to rent out Disneyland for Elizabeth Taylor’s birthday, but his request was denied due to security concerns and his reputation at the time.
Renting out Disneyland may be a luxury that most of us cannot afford, but even celebrities with all their fame and fortune are not always granted this privilege. From security concerns to inappropriate behavior, Disney has strict standards when it comes to who they allow to rent out their iconic park. While the celebrities on this list may have missed out on the chance to rent out Disneyland, they still have plenty of other options for lavish party venues.
What Celebrities Have Rented Out Disneyland: FAQs
Q: Have any celebrities ever rented out Disneyland?
A: Yes, several celebrities have rented out Disneyland for private events and parties.
Q: Who are some of the celebrities who have rented out Disneyland?
A: Some of the celebrities who have rented out Disneyland include Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, Miley Cyrus, Nick Jonas, and Katy Perry.
Q: What types of events do celebrities usually rent out Disneyland for?
A: Celebrities typically rent out Disneyland for private parties, such as birthdays, anniversaries, and album launches.
Q: How much does it cost to rent out Disneyland?
A: The cost of renting out Disneyland varies depending on the time of year, the day of the week, and the event itself. However, it can cost upwards of $180,000 to rent out the entire park for one day.
Q: Do celebrities have access to all of Disneyland’s attractions when they rent it out?
A: Yes, when celebrities rent out Disneyland, they have access to all of the park’s attractions, including rides, shows, and restaurants.
Q: Is it common for celebrities to rent out Disneyland?
A: No, renting out Disneyland is not something that happens regularly, and it is usually reserved for high-profile events.
Q: Can members of the general public visit Disneyland on days when celebrities have rented it out?
A: No, when celebrities rent out Disneyland, the park is closed to the public for the entire day.
Closing Thoughts: Thanks for Reading!
Thanks for reading about the celebrities who have rented out Disneyland for their private events. It’s always interesting to see how the rich and famous celebrate special occasions, and renting out Disneyland is certainly an extravagant choice. If you’re ever in the mood for more celebrity news or Disney-related content, be sure to check back later.